The Certified Due Diligence Professional (CDDP) certification is the most prestigious level of Certification for due diligence practitioners. The CDDP recognizes individuals who have demonstrated their understanding of the basics of due diligence, and who have demonstrated proficiency in due diligence projects, programs and/or portfolios, either within their organization(s) where employed, or for their client organizations.
- Formatted as a series of online course lessons, the Certified Due Diligence Professional Course is the required learning tool for professionals who are studying for CDDP.
- The Course is also designed to be retained and used as a valuable reference tool for due diligence professionals.
- The Course is flexible to accommodate busy professionals, and can be completed anytime within 6-24 months of Enrollment.
- History of due diligence and evolution of the due diligence industry
- Theoretical foundations of due diligence science and engineering
- Techniques, components and processes of professional due diligence systems
- Practical tools and applications of due diligence
- Due diligence report writing
- Due diligence project management
- Sources of due diligence information
- Types of due diligence
- Legal aspects of performing due diligence
- Effective due diligence discovery techniques
- Effective due diligence interviewing techniques
- Communicating the results of due diligence to the wide variety of audiences, such as the public, Boards of Directors, regulators, investors, C-level executives, etc.
- Regulatory environment for due diligence
- Basics of Due Diligence Standards
- Applying Due Diligence Standards
- Due diligence ethics
- Due diligence professionalism
The Due Diligence Certification Course:
- Explains the Certification Examinations process
- Provides help to prepare for the written and oral examinations
- Includes samples of typical exam questions and correct answers, in the the style and format of actual exams
- Shows the rationale behind the questions and correct answers
- Helps you reduce anxiety
- Includes self-study exercises
The Certified Due Diligence Professional Examination objectively measures the critical knowledge and abilities needed by due diligence professional practitioners, with uniform standards for measuring such knowledge and abilities. The coverage and the passing scores for each examination are set at levels to ensure that candidates possess at least the minimum knowledge and abilities necessary to professionally perform due diligence activities.
The objectives of all Certified Due Diligence Examinations include:
- building credibility of the direct benefits achieved through due diligence,
- increasing the success of due diligence practitioner’s employers or their clients, and
- by increasing the knowledge of due diligence among their team members, their management, and their employers or their clients.
All sections of the Examinations are administered in English.
All materials submitted are maintained on file and retained by the Association. Applicants should make copies of all materials prior to submission.
The Courses are delivered online through the web.
The written portions of the Examinations are delivered online through the web. The verbal portions of the Examinations are delivered via telephone.
Examination processing can be slowed by:
- Incomplete application forms
- Illegible application forms
- Incomplete supporting documentation of experience
- Incomplete supporting documentation of training and education
- Incomplete verification of credentials
Certification eligibility is completely impartial and nondiscriminatory.
All Examination scores are kept confidential.
- Certification Program Code: CDDP.1.5
- Enrollment Period: June 1, 2012 through December 31, 2012
- CDDP Course and Examination Fee: $1,000.00